In the highly anticipated British heavyweight rematch between Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte, we can expect an electrifying showdown at the O2 Arena in London on 12th August. Their long-running rivalry, which dates back to their amateur days and was intensified by their professional careers, has captured the attention of boxing fans worldwide.
Both fighters have impressive credentials, with Anthony Joshua having won a gold medal at the London 2012 Olympics and later becoming a 2-time unified world champion. Dillian Whyte, on the other hand, is a ferocious power puncher who is looking to continue his comeback after his devastating KO loss to WBC champion, Tyson Fury.
Promoter Eddie Hearn has worked hard to set up this colossal clash at the iconic O2 Arena, and the anticipation is at an all-time high. The previous encounter between Joshua and Whyte was closely contested, leaving fans eager to witness their second meeting.
While the stakes are high for both fighters, the outcome of this rematch could potentially determine their future paths, including a potential shot at facing Deontay Wilder in Saudi Arabia in December.
As the two warriors step into the ring, their long-standing rivalry is sure to add an extra layer of intensity to the contest. Dillian Whyte’s recent victories, including a win against Jermaine Franklin, have undoubtedly boosted his confidence making him ready to face his long-term rival.
It’s worth noting that both fighters have faced formidable opponents in the past, and each possesses unique strengths. Joshua’s power and technical prowess have earned him a formidable reputation, while Dillian Whyte’s tenacity and relentless fighting style have made him a formidable challenger in the heavyweight division.
As the fight approaches, the spotlight will be on both fighters to see how they’ve evolved since their previous encounter. The added pressure of competing in front of their home crow will undoubtedly fuel their determination.
Ultimately, the outcome of the Joshua vs Whyte rematch is anyone’s guess, and it could come down to who executes their game plan better on the night. Both fighters’ last victory was against Amercian operator Jermaine Franklin. Both fighters went the full 12 rounds with Franklin. Although, Joshua had a far more convincing victory whereas many people argued that Whyte didn’t deserve to win against Franklin.
Both fighters will be eager to prove themselves and secure their spot as a top contender in the heavyweight division. AJ’s two defeats to undisputed champion Oleksandr Usyk had many people questioning whether he should retire but AJ has once again taken a hard fight. Boxing fans are in for a treat on 12th August as the two British heavyweights leave it all in the ring for a shot at glory.
Overview of Anthony Joshua
Anthony Joshua is known for his dynamic and versatile fight style, which has made him one of the most prominent figures in the heavyweight division. His approach combines a mix of power, athleticism, and technical skill, making him a formidable opponent for any opponent. Here’s an overview of Anthony Joshua’s fight style:
- Power Puncher: Joshua is renowned for his knockout power, which has been a significant factor in many of his wins. His punches, particularly his right hand, are delivered with explosive force, capable of ending a fight in an instant. His heavy-handedness keeps opponents on edge and forces them to be cautious throughout the bout.
- Excellent Athleticism: Joshua possesses remarkable athleticism for a heavyweight, with great footwork and agility. He moves well around the ring, allowing him to create angles and avoid getting caught in his opponents’ traps. His quick movements also enable him to close the distance and land powerful combinations.
- Strong Jab: Joshua’s jab is an essential weapon in his arsenal. He uses it effectively to control the pace of the fight, keep his opponents at bay, and set up his power shots. His jab is stiff and accurate, often disrupting his opponents’ rhythm and setting up openings for his power punches.
Overall, Anthony Joshua’s fight style is a well-rounded combination of power, athleticism, technical skill, and adaptability. His ability to land devastating knockout blows and adapt to different opponents has cemented his status as one of the top heavyweight boxers in the world
Overview of Dillian Whyte
Dillian Whyte, also known as “The Body Snatcher,” is a skilled and aggressive heavyweight boxer with a distinct fight style that has earned him success in the division. Here’s an overview of Dillian Whyte’s fight style:
- Aggressive Pressure Fighter: Whyte is known for his relentless and aggressive approach in the ring. He often puts pressure on his opponents, moving forward and closing the distance to engage in close-quarters combat. His aggressive fighting style can wear down opponents and disrupt their rhythm.
- Power Punching: As his nickname suggests, Whyte possesses significant power in his punches, particularly in his left hook and overhand right. He can deliver fight-changing blows, capable of stunning or knocking out his opponents.
- Body Punching: Whyte is skilled at targeting his opponent’s body, hence the nickname “The Body Snatcher.” He often throws powerful hooks and uppercuts to the body, which not only wears down his opponents physically but can also open up opportunities for headshots later in the fight.
- Bet on Joshua to win via knockout: Although Joshua lost 2 fights in a row to Oleksandr Usyk. It is important to note that Usyk could go down as one of the best fighters of all time. We believe that the rivalry between Whyte and AJ will give Joshua the motivation to return to his former, knock-out specialist ability.
- Use Grouped Round Betting: Pick what group of rounds you think AJ will get the knockout in. We think that it will be between the 9th and 12th rounds when AJ will dispatch Whyte.
- Monitor special betting offers: With this fight being such a big attraction, many bookmakers will offer special bets on this fight. Take advantage of these for a bigger return on your investment.
- Monitor the odds and betting markets: Research different bookmakers to find the best odds that are available for your prediction.
Overall, Dillian Whyte’s fight style revolves around aggressive pressure fighting, power punching, and a focus on body shots. His combination of power, solid fundamentals, and ability to adapt in the ring makes him a formidable opponent for any heavyweight in the division.
Anthony Joshua vs Dillian Whyte Prediction
Both fighters contain extreme power that can end a fight early. Both have had some highlight reel knockouts. Although both fighters have experienced losses recently. We believe that this fight will be similar to their first, a fight to remember.
We feel like the experience and technical ability of AJ will be too much for a older Dillian Whyte to deal with which is why SportsOddsGuide’s prediction is a knockout victory for Anthony Joshua. Although our prediction is for AJ to win via KO, we don’t feel as if this will be an easy fight. There could very easily be knockdowns for both fighters which adds to the intrigue of this great matchup.
Anthony Joshua vs Dillian Whyte Betting Tips
If you are looking for betting tips, follow some of our tips below:
Rhys Glyn-Davies, a seasoned journalist, is your trusted source for sports insights. With a passion for accuracy and thorough research, he provides expert analysis, predictions, and researched tips across various sports. Stay informed and entertained with Rhys’s engaging articles at Sports Odds Guide.